We are looking for a Sr. Staff Nurse Specialist for our Quality & Safety Management Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital!
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-time, 8 bi-weekly hours
Shift: 8-hour, Day
The Senior Quality and Patient Safety Nurse supports the Sonoma ministries and the regional team in the planning an implementation of a systemic program for clinical quality and outcomes improvement efforts. The position supports concurrent oversight and review of clinical quality measures and evidence-based standards of care for high risk, high volume populations (e.g. sepsis, diabetes, etc) and infection prevention standards. The Senior Quality and Patient Safety nurse is able to effectively work with physicians, caregivers and business partners to optimize our performance in the region. This role has significant impact on our High Reliability development and implementation as well as the cultural transformation to improve our Care Experience for patients and Caregivers.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
: Master’s Degree Required.
: Held a clinical nurse position in the acute care setting for at least 5 years. Minimum 5 years related experience with leadership responsibilities
: California RN; BLS required
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Certification in Quality, Patient Safety, Just Culture preferred
- Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred.
>> APPLY HERE <<
- Provides leadership and expertise to strategically develop evidence-based programs and interventions, education, and actionable measures that align with ministry, regional and health system quality, patient safety and patient experience goals.
- Provides a high degree of clinical competence and demonstrates a high level of autonomy in support for all performance improvement/clinical excellence and organizational excellence.
- Provides expertise in assessing and analyzing current practices and processes to identify best practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for ongoing management of clinical and non-clinical practices associated with patient safety for all caregivers and support staff. Strives to bring real time effective solutions to processes or products that do not achieve expected results in a timely manner.
- Facilitates multidisciplinary collaboration and teamwork across the continuum, including physician practices and post- acute care settings in Northern CA.
- Supports and /or facilitates Quality Department management team in the implementation and monitoring of the Hospitals’ clinical quality improvement efforts. This may include concurrent oversight of Core Measure compliance and infection prevention standards.
- Collaborates with Committee chairs in developing meeting agendas and setting priorities and in leading improvement efforts related to Quality improvement.
- Serves as a core clinical leader of the regional Quality team and supports the work of the region as appropriate.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Proficient in science of nursing, critical thinking, statistical knowledge, change management Lean and Quality Improvement
- Knowledge of Change Management, Just Culture, Crucial Conversations theory and process
- Proficient in the use of clinical software and devices like the electronic medical record, Alaris pumps and all devices that are relevant to nursing practice
- Proven track record in the successful deployment of evidence-based practice resulting in sustained, improved clinical outcomes and an optimal patient experience